Santa and Mrs. Claus are looking forward to another great season. We will be returning to a number of our events from last year as well as to some new partnerships. Mrs. Claus and I are hoping to continue your traditions and start new ones. To everyone we meet we want to bring joy, happiness and the true spirit of Christmas to you and yours. To the companies, organizations, and friends old and new that have included us in their events in 2015, we would like to wish you a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Health New Year in 2016.
Partnerships for the 2016 season are:
- Village of Hinsdale Park & Recreation Department
- Downers Grove Park District
- Chicago Botanic Garden, Glencoe, Illinois
- BMO Harris, Hinsdale Illinois
- Lexington Square Senior Center, Elmhurst, Illinois
- Shriners Children’s Hospital
- Advocate Children’s Hospital, Des Planes, Illinois
- Camping World, Lake Forest, Illinois
- Art Van Furniture in Downers Grove, Batavia, and Woodridge, Illinois
- D’Lara Photography, Downers Grove, Illinois
- Stacy Vitallo Photography, Batavia, Illinois
- Seven Bridges Ice Arena, Woodridge, Illinois
- DoubleTree by Hilton, Oak Brook, Illinois
- B.A.T.E. of Illinois, DuKane Chapter, West Chicago, Illinois
- Dana Vision, Wheaton, Illinois
- The Chapel at Immaculate Conception, Elmhurst, Illinois
- and all the homes and private parties we will be visiting.
Santa and Mrs. Claus would like to express what a great Christmas season we had. We enjoyed visiting with each and every one of you. To all the families we were touched by, “Thank You” for letting us into your homes and for letting us be a part of the events you attended. Continue reading
Joseph Mohr a Catholic priest wrote this hymn in 1818. He shared his hymn-poem with his friend, Franz Gruber who wrote the music. Continue reading
The real Santa lived a long time ago in a place called Asia Minor. It is now the country of Turkey. His name was Nicholas.
Nicholas’ parents died when he was just a teenager. His parents left him a lot of money which made him a rich young man. He went to live with his uncle who was a priest. Continue reading
The following was written by Mahleah Chicetawn in 2011. She makes some really strong points on why it’s important, not only for kids to believe in Santa, but for us to hold on too.
Santa Claus has always been a big part of Christmas. His image has always represented the magical part of Christmas. Eventually, children do stop believing in him, usually because people they trust like parents, friends or older siblings tell them that he doesn’t exist. Continue reading
Eight-year-old Virginia O’Hanlon wrote a letter to the editor of New York’s Sun, and the quick response was printed as an unsigned editorial Sept. 21, 1897. The work of veteran newsman Francis Pharcellus Church has since become history’s most reprinted newspaper editorial, appearing in part or whole in dozens of languages in books, movies, and other editorials, and on posters and stamps. Continue reading